Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Recovery!

Well, everybody has gone home and the house is quiet. I can still feel the brushes of love that was shared this weekend as I pick up toys and find cups with names on them scattered throughout the house and patio. I have rarely seen my parents so excited as everyone began to get here and the noise level was picked up on satellite. I will be posting pictures and commentary over on www.jdoliver.blogspot.com later on today and you can see some of the joy. My parents did not have a reception when they married, so they had never had a wedding cake. I took pictures of them as they cut the cake that I had made at the Salem bakery, and as they fed each other pieces of cake. Those are some of the best pics that I took because they only had eyes for each other.

This coming weekend we travel to the Lake of the Ozarks in central MO for a birthday celebration on the other side of the family. Eddy's aunt will be turning 80 and a lot of the Olivers from Arkansas are going to make the trip up to honor her and visit. I have never seen the lake so this will be a new place to put on my map of places that I've been.

I am excited about these travels as it gives me something to plan for during the week, and it doesn't seem so long.

well, I need to go work on editing all of the pictures. Oh, the one above this post is of myself and my gorgeous daughter-in-law, Codi. My niece took the picture on Saturday.

later.....

No comments: