Saturday, May 24, 2008

Hey, I Know You


It was wonderful this evening. Class reunion --I hadn't seen some of these mates for 15 years. Some just melted into instant communion again. Like we had just run out after the last bell. Some of our teachers were there and everyone was drunk on memories and potluck. Some had gained weight-me mostly--I'm going to blame it on my medicine! Some had gained weight living the good life! Less hair, more grandchildren. The school still smelled the same. The same gold velvet curtains on the stage in the cafeteria. Our class pic was in the hall in the old part of the school. There we were in 18 year old glory--mine was "Desiree Scott" in pink fluffy capelet sure to sell these pics to our moms. We went down and looked at all the changes. It was interesting to watch the same little groups pull together and laugh and giggle the night away. My hubby was there and steady as a rock. A great help. He knows so many of everyone. Some gray hair and bifocal glasses danced around the edges of the eye. I made loads of desserts and then we didn't need them and they came wiggling in the backseat of the truck and home into the cookie jar.

Well, I'm really tired.

No comments: