Thursday, May 28, 2009

I'm Back!

So excited that the new computer, Dell Studio 17 laptop, is now hooked up to the Internet! I told facebook that I felt like old friends had just walked in the house. So many of my friends that I have made in the last year were through blogs and email! We were hit by lightening yesterday afternoon for the 2nd time in 3 weeks. This time it hit the back side of the house pretty hard, blowing chargers out of the wall, etc.! It also got my mercury vapor light-got to get someone at the co-op on that issue!
Went to school yesterday and helped Tara clean out our old storage room. It is always bittersweet whenever I walk in the door. I am doing so much better with the addition of the new medicine, that maybe next year I can go down once a week. The main problem is that I still don't have friends up here in Fulton County. There's not really anything to join except the Master Gardeners and I can't keep up with them. It's embarrassing for me to tell total strangers that I need to sit down and rest and the 70 and 80 year old members are going strong!

Sach and Codi and Reesa will be here tomorrow. We have 2 weddings this week and weekend. Hopefully Sach brings me a memory card for my new D40 Nikon camera and I can get back to posting on my other blogs..... feel very lost without the camera too
later

1 comment:

Connie said...

GrI am so very glad that your back online. I've miss you so much. I know what you mean about not having anything to do. I have joined a group that makes things for the Childrens Hospital, dolls, quilts, pillows. There are several ladies that don't sew at all they just come and stuff the dolls, it's the first Wed. of every month at the Gepp Fire Station 9-3 we would love to have you. Bring a sandwich and join us we have a lot of fun. Kathy Adams, is the one that ask me. We have just met three time and we've made 300 dolls for the hospital. They use them to explain to the children what they are going to do. Then they give them to the child. We also make caps in the winter.