Saturday, August 29, 2009

Just Thinking!


Oh, thank the gods that be for this weather! I feel like a human, and not a cave bat. I have walked every day this week and the endorphins or whatever are rocking. I got up this morning and did my Saturday cooking while Eddy was in the house. Since I don't cook unless someone is there with me(not highly recommended for fainting or seizing spouses!) then I had to get up early-6 am. It has been so long since I was coherent at that time much less cooking. Made spaghetti, cornbread and blueberry muffins. I know that the Italians might frown on cornbread with a pasta dish, but I am out of bread. I am getting a bread machine for Christmas along with a Kitchenaide mixer, and a food processor. As one can tell, I watch a steady diet of the cooking channel.


Eddy and I are busy preparing for mom and dad's 50th wedding anniversary party at our house on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend. It will only be family, but that will still be quite a good size crowd. Their actual anniv. was June 6, but this was the weekend that we could get everyone from Missouri, Indiana, and Arkansas all together. Jake isn't coming this year as he makes so much to work holidays that he will come on an off time. Yay for unions! I was really down on unions until my son had to join one and began to reap the benefits of insurance, retirement, 401 k, vacation and super wages for holidays and weekends!


Okay, I'm going over to http://www.jeanieoliver.blogspot.com/ to work on O'z Ark for awhile as I have lots of garden and yard updates.

later-oh, the picture is from NASA=can't beat outer space!

1 comment:

Connie said...

Unions are also a blessing when you get sick to the point that you can't work and the company wants to let you go! I don't know where we would be if Carl hadn't belonged to one. They walked in his room the night before he had surgery for cancer and said they weren't paying him anymore, thank God one of the secertaries was in the hall and heard them and she got one the phone to the union Rep. We never missed a check granted it was only a percentage of his salary but at least we could pay the bills. So Yeah! for Jake for joining a union!