Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A wild and crazy time

This ghostly image is about all I have seen of Eddy through this wild and crazy time. I am soooo glad to have my surrogate companion, my computer, back on line and humming cheerfully in the background. Jamie and I were discussing which item we would rather have, a tv or computer, and, for me, a computer comes in first, hands down.

I guess there needs to be some background filler to this story. Last week, we were were blitzed with an ice storm of epic proportions. At some points in the surrounding counties, Eddy saw ice as thick as coke cans clinging to miles of swaying and sagging power lines. Of course the physics of this phenom soon snapped 1000's of poles as far as the eye could see. 1000's of people are still without power and will be for weeks to come. We have been declared a national disaster area and are existing in a state of emergency. Fortunately the weather cleared and the temps warmed or lives would have been endangered from the cold. We are expecting 60 degree days for the next week and that will help. However, next weekend we could have severe weather, (storms) and that would set us back again into the stone ages!

Law and Order is about to come on so more later. Tomorrow I have a hair appointment to get this mess colored and trimmed then I'll blog on other sites with pics of the ice.
later

No comments: