Saturday, July 18, 2009

Just Musings

Well, we have new kings of the hill around here. The mockingbirds have become like pets with no fear of cats, dogs, or humans. Today, they just sat on the railing, 2 feet from me while I had my morning pretend coffee. I guess that I will take the camera out and get some REALLY close up pics.
We are headed out this morning to Bentonville to the grandgirl. Sach and Codi are having a cookout, so we'll get to see some friends and other babies. Jake is in Mexico and it makes me nervous when I can't talk to him, he will never get over being the baby of the family even at 25.
It is like April out this morning with the temps in the 60's. I sat outside yesterday and read my magazines and books for over an hour......it is amazing what it does to your psyche to be able to be outside in the fresh air.
I have finished my official week of no news tv. I presented myself the challenge of no news or talk shows for 1 whole week. The reason that I chose these is because I am addicted to them. Also, no nasa, or discovery, or anything on the internet besides blogs. I needed to cleanse my mind and focus on my meditation and calm. It is amazing to think that I do not know what happened in the world for one week. NO weather channel, no earthquake check, no nothing. The book that I am reading about true meditation suggests this as a way of letting go.
oops, have to go get ready to travel,
later

No comments: