Monday, January 5, 2009

January -to be or not to be

January is such a indecisive month-it can't figure out if it is to be happy that now the days are getting longer and full of more promise or if it is to be a winter month with doses of blah for some. I love January. Everybody I know has a birthday in January including me! I was talking with a friend today about my desire to have a greenhouse. If I had one, I would already have the seed ordered and ready for planting. Now, Eddy's fear is that a greenhouse would never make it on this hill. And he's probably right unless we anchored it to his hay barn! That would put a kink in his pathway.
I need to consider doing my taxes right away then they don't hang over me like a sword ready to cut off my pleasure at scrapping or going or just plain ol' tv watching.
I can remember in the classroom that I loved January because it meant that testing was just around the corner. I am addicted to the thrill of the competition and that's all testing his-how well can we do compared to others. Sounds just like a race....
So today I have been playing on my computer, something that I haven't really done for awhile and looking at everything else and thinking "you know what the days are longer, I'll just wait until this afternoon for that chore!"

1 comment:

Hathor said...

My family's birthdays are mostly December-January and mine is in 12 days.

Happy Birthday!