Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Spending money-what happened to me?

I use to be the world's best spender. But when I paid off all my credit cards three years ago and went to what I call " actual buying" versus buying with unreal cash, something happened to my psyche. Reality spending has almost made me an anorexic buyer. I constantly check my account on line and plan out purchases forever. The only problem with this is that it makes me afraid to make those splurge expenditures. Like overeating, what if I spend too much? I've had the money saved for quite awhile now for a new camera-I'm up to 1000.00 carefully nestled in the bank-the research that I have put into a new camera would put a doctoral candidate to shame, and yet I can't bring myself to make the plunge-what if I buy something that isn't that much better than what I have? What I have done is buy , from a friend, some used lenses that fit my old camera, for a song. I'll play with those for awhile. I know that I used to do spending therapy, now I need saving therapy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

if you need someone to spend that for you on photo equip, I will kindly oblige!!! :)

jeanie oliver said...

I do want imput-which camera do you have
Jeanie