Friday, August 22, 2008


Barney would be packing heat-I am packing cell phone. At first, I resisted wearing it all the time as it felt too much like one of those nursing home "I have fallen and can't giddiup" monitors. Gradually over the summer, though, the phone has, like my computer, become a perfect companion. It only talks back if I want it too, I can ignore it without its hurt feelings splitting open the relationship. It plays music, and only music that I feel like hearing. And, of course, it provides that comfort of "I'll get help right away". So Cellie and I have been slowly taking more and more adventurous steps. For the last 2 days we have made the old walk a mile away from the house and back, by ourselves. Well, of course, accompanied by Rebel. However, I'm not sure that Rebel wouldn't behave like Eddy and say, "well, if you're down right now, you're not going anywhere, so I'll just be off to check on wild animals and you give a holler when you are standing again"
I can even walk and text which I consider quite an achievement as Tara, Jennifer, and Laura will know after trying to teach me dance steps. I think, in dancing, that I was concentrating too much on the feet because when I start texting my feet just do the right thing. It's a good thing as I'm wearing bi-focal cheater glasses and can't see the road anyway while texting.

No comments: