Wednesday, August 20, 2008

One Tenth of A Milestone


Going from my garden, down the driveway to the mailbox, turn around, go back down the other side of the yard, hug the fence and corral, past the feed barn, to the back fence, over to the hay barn and back to the garden is 3/10 of a mile. So yesterday I did 12/10 in the morning, 3/10 at lunch, and 6/10 in the evening. Whoo-hooh. The problem is that it is soooooo boring. So I carry on imaginary conversations in my head. Talking out loud is dangerous as it won't be long until I'm forgetting and talking back to my head when other people are around!
Eddy promised that he would start walking with me again in the evenings but now we have had all this rain, and, oops, promises to wife go to back burner when a man could brush hog a lot sooner in the fall than he thought. So he gets home at 3:40, still on summer hours, and immediately follows the siren song of the tractor. Oh, and he also, in a moment of weakness, said that he would help me get the bermuda grass out of my flower beds.

No comments: