Monday, August 25, 2008

special gift




a box arrived for me in the mail at the end of last week. Is there a soul in the world who doesn't love something personal in the mailbox? As I carried it down the lane to the house, I couldn't imagine what was inside. A gift from a friend. Not something that I had ordered. Something magical and mysterious, hidden in the layers of clear packing tape. There have been times when I thought there's no reason to get the mail, bills and bills, doctors' and hospital bills. I saved it all afternoon. I love a wrapped present as much as I do the gift inside. Anticipation.
Carefully using a steak knife to get past the "for your eyes only" tape, the tissue unfolded to reveal a lovely handwritten note, in handwriting so nice that someone should get this lady to demonstrate for third graders. There were two journals of different sizes, quilted in green. Green-my color-on top of that it is a green that resembles the scales of my dragon that has gone to dragon heaven. A dragon no more.
Connie Shrable had carefully prepared these quilted green covers for the journals with places for the pen and pencil. The pens and pencils were there already. She sent these for me to take on my journey to Florida. Journals-someone thoughtful enough to send a lady with 4 blogs something she treasures so much-journals.
thank you, Connie-they will be well used.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Just a little something to use while your gone and when you look at them you will know that you are loved and thought of and prayed for daily. My joy is the giving of something that I can make. A lot of people don't understand that but I feel that you do. I wish there was more that I could do to help you out. I realize that you and my daughter are friends but you have a very special place in my heart for at the years of special friendship you have given her and you are always doing for someone else it is time someone did something for you.
God Bless Jeanie!
Love, Connie