Wednesday, July 9, 2008


Actually a shot of the mule from a morning perspective but I am too tired and joggled to take one tonight. And anyway, it's the same machine, regardless. This evening, I was walking and Eddy drove up and asked if I wanted to ride along. Usually, I am more hesitant but the rainy weather has me off my stride. So I agreed. We were going around the back way, by gravel road , to check the salt block in the very back field. To the uninitiated, that means that there is a solid block of minerals placed with cows in an old tire rim. Then the sisters can grab a lick whenever they feel the need. The joggled part of my day comes as the realization washes over me that we are coming home through the field and not by the road. So I only have an old swimsuit top on under a t-shirt. NOT intended to support the udders of an aging grandma-to-be through an expedition through the outback. I know this is an ugly picture and any male readers may be scarred for life, you might want to click away now!
As we take off down the hill, I have one arm holding on and one arm holding them.
My phone rings and Eddy yells out over the roar of the mule, "answer your phone". I was not letting go. Thank God is wasn't one of my fellow FBI agents or anything. Just a sister, real human one, not a cow. She had to leave a message.

1 comment:

Tara said...

I've so been there, but my 'hold down' experience was in a boat going very fast across a choppy lake with people who were not my family. I can so relate!