Monday, July 7, 2008

Fun in the Sun
















Life is good. Jennifer and the girls picked me up today at noon and we hotfooted it to the "beach" at Crown Lake in Horseshoe Bend. They have hauled in truckloads of sand and a beach is a beach and it's the same sun as Florida or Hawaii-interesting concept there, that if you put on beachy waves music and pour sand over your quilt then your backyard is as good. Well, no shells or empty beer bottles, but what the heck.
Have worked to get my gardens and flower pots into a position that they can manage with Eddy, the yard man, saying that he watered the plants while I am in the Big Apple, but peeing on them in July is not adequate. So I depend on him not to stretch the story and actually turn the hose on to a tepid flow and forget the kilowatts.
Walked by myself today for the first time-the big walk that is-down the hill , around the curve, and down, down, and back- had the phone and water bottle.
wasn't too bad but was still sweating like a pig at 7 in the morning. Big Ed has issued orders that I am to stay home until Thursday when he takes me to Bentonville for the trip.
Jake booked my train ride on Amtrak from Philly to Penn Station in New York because I know where I am there, sorta. I've never been across the Brooklyn Bridge so can't wait for that taxi ride. There I'll be taking pictures like crazy and Jake insisting that I not appear to be a tourist. My long-suffering child has already survived my awe at the sidewalks outside of La Guardia having sparkles in them. Major sparkles! When I exclaimed my astonishment outloud, he just put his head down and marched ahead, nearly leaving me behind.
very tired now and sunburned, to bed, perchance to dream......
one last thought, before friends and fellow countrymen ask why I am in no pics from today, I put to you that I am not into self-induced pain!





No comments: