Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Mojo where are you

I've lost my mojo. Some of it is undoubtedly the down swing of adrenaline after being on the go so much. I look at my computer and feel no smashing urge to blog. Even my thoughts right now are on the back burner of existence. I had no idea how the heat would affect me with the Midodrine. Being artificially constricted all day in the fire of July in Arkansas has pulled me under like a bug caught in syrup. It wouldn't be so bad except there is no way to escape it except stay inside. I am not good about that. With the cold in the winter, I found that I could bundle up and warm up as I walked. This is so different. How do you get cooler. Walk naked is a possibility.

Have worked on the planning for the trip to Mayo Clinic today. Fly or drive. The price will be about the same. I don't know that I am up to another set of flights. So we have mapped out a trip from Memphis-Birmingham-Columbus-Jacksonville-This will also mean that we have our vehicle with us down there. This is important as the amount of time we will be there depends upon the initial neurology workups. I just can't wait to get back into MRI and CAT scan machines. don't move, breathe deeply, don't panic. I hate the EEG and such because it it so time consuming to have electrodes placed concisely all over my head. Then the joy of getting the gel out of the stringy mess that results is an hour long ordeal in the shower. All of this time, I will be hooked up all over my body with heart monitors.

looking into getting my laptop set up for wireless internet-have to have an outlet for expression. I wish that I had a blackberry or iphone.

later

1 comment:

Tara said...

You will learn how to adapt just like you did this winter. It's hard when something new gets thrown at ya, but you sit still, process, and figure out what you can do with what ya got. I can't imagine how hard it is, but hang in there. The heat will break and you will get to feeling better again. Love you bunches.