Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Way to a Man's Heart

Did you know that a man can be brought to his knee's with fried food? I mean in ecstasy, not subjugation, well, if that is not the word, then slavery. I have found the perfect boxed stuff to bread squash and green beans in before you fry-called Kountry Kernal or something along those lines, with a fake Colonel Sanders on the label. The mixture of spices in it is so close to Kentucky Fried that I'll probably have to hire Sach for taste infringement protection.
Eddy was like putty in my hands when he tasted it-He is soooooo easy.

Today was so holy hot momma muggy that the leaves didn't even lift their weary heads to fight the humidity. It has rained for 2 days in a row-surely a sign that something extra or over the top terrestial has hovered over us in Arkansas as July is not a wet month. NOT....Between Bret's blog on the possibilities of space, he has some big numbers on this post, and Malcolm's and another friend's contribution on waka on the possibilities of atmospheric disturbances caused by meteorites, I've been looking at the sky a lot. It just hangs up there blocking out harm but lulling us into thinking that this is all there is to each day. Oh, the possibilities.

Julia and I have worked our buttocks off today on cleaning and scrubbing the premises-an unnatural state of being that I have to leave everything spotless when I go somewhere-my sons call it an obsession-I truly think that it is just good sense on my part as I can say when I get home-"Eddy, this place is a mess"

am reading a book about a small town in Ireland and how everyone's lives are mixed and mingled-

later-one more thought-this picture makes me think of my Joe Cocker's greatest hits CD-"Unchain My Heart"-I can't find it anywhere, may have to put that on my Christmas list as a replacement of old favorite, and for that matter, if my kids read this, I can't find my Bob Segar's greatest hits, either.

and more later-my tickets came today for my big Amtrak adventure. that's me, "the little engine that could or would if she could"




No comments: