Saturday, July 5, 2008

Celebrate July 5th

the day after the 4th and you get the 5th. yesterday was fun as family came for a cookout and we watched the Salem fireworks from the front yard. Dad estimated that it is only about 2 miles to the Salem Park as the crow flies and I would never argue with a surveyor.

our house is so high up and it is so clear that it makes a very nice grandstand for explosions. I am way too frugal or tight to spend money on fireworks and besides they have always scared me a little. It was pointed out by my sire that it is essentially the same stuff that you would get in artillery rounds and there we go into my thoughts on guns and ammo.....better left to professionals. I wonder what pros were setting them off in the city park. They did a fine damn job of it no matter what their names.

have been surfing and breezing through Gypsy's blogs on nothingness. Well, maybe breezing is the wrong weather term here as sometimes I have to slog through Jeff's links. He gets into high definition with some ideas and thoughts and I just hold on for the ride. I try to go to all of the linked articles as he is the professor and I a humble student. What better way to get a free education than to have the college level guy posting on thought-provoking stuff and tuition only the cost of one's time. What I love about his blog is that I can hear him saying this stuff in my head. Being able to hear the writer's voice, both real and projected, is a plus for myself. The same goes for email. Once you hear the person speak in real life, then the written word takes on a whole new dimension. And one more thing I REALLY like about Jeff's blog--he always answers you regardless of how feckless and ordinary my comments.

have planted 4 roses today. Mom ordered them for normal planting time and they were back-ordered forever. If I can get them to bloom then you know some freak of nature happened and Eddy watered them while I am gone for 8 days in July!
they were Blaze of Glory climbing roses just for the record.
going to someone else's cookout tonight, a friend of Eddy's . I hope there is someone there that I know besides Eddy--I've already squeezed his conversational lemon to the max. If there's not, well it will be good time to employ chat and charm.
later
one more thought--the pic above is not today. was taken on Wed. morning as Justin loaded up a set of cull cows for the trip to West Plains. cull usually means slaughter, yuck!

1 comment:

Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I just noticed this.

So if I understand you, you're hearing voices in your head. Or at least my voice. Don't listen to that voice, or it'll tell you:

"Hey, look at that slender yet busty babe."

I hear that same voice and ever strive to ignore it.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *