Monday, June 9, 2008

Done For Today

I went way out on a limb today. Started singing school with Abby at Brockwell. Jennifer dropped us off and went back home to Salem. No one who knew me but Abby. No cell phone. Stay all day-9 to 3:30. Figure out a way to accommodate the heart and be in class. Big time class. Music theory that I haven't had for 30 years.
The fear of fainting or worse is worse than the reality. Fear of being among strangers and trying to explain if it appears that I'm having a heart attack but am not is sticky. Do not want to end up with an eager helper calling 911 and embarrassing the hell out of myself.
So I took it very easy. There are lots of breaks and I overcame the looks and put a quilt down at noon and stretched out and closed eyes. It actually broke the ice and several of the longtimers teased me about needing nap and the kids didn't. By the afternoon, I could hit the high F's and not sweat. However, I have no breath and we were sitting down which I find hard to do and sing but can't stand for very long and sing. So......
I'm typing this on microsoft word from the couch pictured and will cut/paste to blogger.
It is so exciting for a rain-plus
The hay is all down-minus
Sold cattle today-plus
A cow that we had been doctoring died-minus
Made it to one day of singing school-plus
Maggie is in heat,so maybe more puppies-plus
10 neighbor dogs are chasing through my flower beds-minus
Seesaw world.
Well, need to go see if NBA finals are on, if not, to bed to read.

1 comment:

Connie said...

J.
I am so glad that your going to the music school and glad you made it good. I have had you on my mind, keep up the good work and keep singing it is so good for the soul.
Connie