Friday, June 6, 2008

Kitchen Table

I'm tired but happy tonight. Jen brought the girls over and we have played and talked like crazy. The minute they got here, Eddy took the girls down to his parents on the mule, and Jen and I talked a mile a minute. Actually, I jabbered and she patiently let me pour words at her like a desert storm. I miss having someone to, I admit it freely, gossip with. It's the one thing you can't do with blog friends because to really down home gossip, you have to know the same people! There has to be some common person that has, alas, some defect in their behavior and it can only be solved by detailing all faults. and he said, she said!
Starting next week, I'm going to attempt to attend singing school at Brockwell with Jen and Abby. It's been a dream of mine for years and summer workshops for educational inservice kept getting in the schedule. So we will go down on Monday, and see which level that I will test out into. It will mostly be gospel, and full-bodied gospel at that. I hope that I can make it all day for the duration of the school. We will go prepared with a quilt for me to stretch out on after lunch. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
one more thought, the above pic is my "tablescape" . One of my favorite cooking shows,"Semi-homemade with Sandra Lee" has a section in which she puts together an arrangement of objects for the table. Sometimes, the objects take up all the room and Eddy has to eat on the couch. We give all to our art.
I was a whole lot sad this morning with gulping and sniffling sobs because Codi and Sach were coming for the weekend. Codi's pregnancy is keeping her very sick so that was cancelled. I miss my kids, Sach, Codi, and Jake. I'm left with Eddy and a small black dog that is in heat. There have been a few scuffles today with the neighborhood mutts, and pedigrees. Well, to bed, to rise again tomorrow and lose more bets that Hills was going to be vice-president.
Maybe something earthshaking will happen overnight.

No comments: