Sunday, June 8, 2008

Wedding Song

We were at Matt and Lindsey's wedding yesterday evening. A lady sang the wedding song which I sang at Susie's and Cindy's wedding. It's a lovely reminder of what some people are essentially searching for with committing to survive in the same house or space with another person that you think you can't live without.
I'm working on sending files of photos to Jake and Codi who couldn't be there. I tried to get as much of a sequence as I could from a folding chair. So all of the pics are essentially of someone seated while the action swirled around her. I think that I will just add pics to this site via a slide show as that is the easiest way to record for posterity sake when I have used photos for memory's sake.
They are cutting hay in the meadow and one must make hay while the sun shines. We will do round bales and start the refill option on the barn for the never ending cycle of seasons of feeding. The farming is not fun now with the cost of fuel and fertilizer. I hate the furrowed look on Eddy's brow as he figures cost and outlay. We only fertilized the hay fields this year and none of the grazing pasture. This , of course, means sell cattle which we are today. Sending loads of calves to the salebarn for the sale on Monday. Selling makes Eddy grouchy. To add to his grief, oil went up Friday and the stock market fell which will ultimately knock off our profit tomorrow. My computer doesn't seem as active today. Maybe I'm just impatient. I hate the hot wind blowing and I can't seem to adjust to the heat now.
I'll try going outside and I can at least stand there with a hose. From feast to famine on the water situation in North Arkansas.

No comments: