Sunday, June 1, 2008


Small spots of loveliness in one's life are sometimes all the stimuli a body can take. I have neglected my blogging in these past two weeks as I have been on the go so much. This week was the end of school for kids and for me. I doubt that I get to Calico Rock next year just because it is hard to have conversation with people that you only see once in a while. On Thursday I rode to school with Jennifer and the girls as it was a half day and there was a potluck. The most gorgeous, fattening, tempting type foods show up on these days. Tara had invited me and they had cake and punch for everyone who was leaving. That would be 5 of us. Of course, I had already left, so for me it was a funny feeling. I never got to cry and talk with everyone as I was in bed the whole month of October and November. Changes like retiring are very exacting on the edges of one's life. One life doesn't tend to bleed over into the other.
This is rambling, but that is really what "undone" is all about. Unraveling the pieces of memories or daily thoughts and then taking the pieces and reattaching to new hooks.
On Friday night, Tara, Laura, Missy and myself went to the movie. We, (I) pranced in on teeter totter high heels to "Sex and the City" the movie. All of us get-with-it wannabe girls from small town, USA in our dressup clothes and loving it, watching for one more episode of the girls that we had followed, mesmerized, making it in the biggest city, NYC. Afterwards, we went to Chili's and had cosmos in honor of the movie. I did not like that combination of cranberry juice and vodka? Not being a true blue drinker, I thought mine was very strong. It could be that 3 drinks in 6 months make momma an easy hit!

No comments: